Welcome to my December 2019 income report.
This is my first report from mimizackery.com; I decided to do this income report to share with people who are on the fence about blogging. This report does not have the BIG numbers like some of the guru’s and that’s ok with me, it’s proof that the internet is amazing. I’m not sure if I’ll keep doing them, but as I said, if you’re on the fence I wanted to you show that it is possible to earn income from blogging.
Understand that it does take time. I started my blog in 2013 but I didn’t get serious about monetizing it until about 6 months ago. I’ve seen some bloggers do well fast. How successful you become will depend on your work ethic, audience, marketing strategies, and other things. If you don’t have many followers right now that shouldn’t stop you, if you have something you want to share with the world and wanting to monetize it at the same time GO for it!
Remember, you may be bad before you’re good and good before you’re great. I know I was horrible LOL. Check out How to Start a WordPress Blog in Three Simple Steps for more information.
Here are a few topics you could start a blog on:
- Weight Loss Journey
- A lifestyle blog
- Home Business Tips (like this one)
- Cell phones and hacks
- Decorating Tips
- Mom Life
- A Family Blog
These are just a few, but you get the picture right?
I’ve not listed the income earned through Elaine Thomas Interiors or my partnership with the network marketing company that I work with.
- Bluehost – $455 (This income comes from a page where I show people how to start a blog in three simple steps.)
- Daily Method of Operation Workbook – $104.37 (This is a workbook that helps network marketing professionals earn a great income).
- Aweber – $102
- Commission Junction $49.17
- Amazon Associates $31.89
- Adsense – $22.93 (This is income from Youtube and ads on my blog.)
- Flex Offers $21.36
- Link in Profile – $9.99 (to have one link in my Instagram bio – LOVE)
- Bluehost – $6.95 (only because I have more than one blog, 1 site is just $3.95)
- Vimeo – $5.00 (for password privacy for some of my videos)
- Aweber – $19.00 (for my “work with me” application page shown here)
- Flodesk – $19.00 (unlimited BEAUTIFUL emails and subscribers – you need this!!)
- Hootesuite – $14.99 (for posting on more than 3 platforms at one time)
- Calendly – $10.00 (to have multiple calendars for booking appointments)
- PicMonkey – $3.99 (pro version more picture tools)
- Canva – $12.95 (pro version – where I create story templates, logos, and all the branding I’m always getting complimented on)
I switched up the link in my Instagram bio for a week from Link In Profile (still love) to Tap.bio, just to see how it would show up in my Google Analytics, and it does. I will do better at driving more traffic to my website in the coming months and years, as I have made it a goal to become more visible online.
I’m putting together a blog post on ways to monetize your blog. If you decided to start a blog, what would you want to blog about? Let us know in the comment section below. If you enjoy all things about healthy living, home decor, and some entrepreneurship tips, then we should be connected.
Sign up for updates below, have a fantastic week 😘!